[BioRuby] hmmer3

Pjotr Prins pjotr.public14 at thebird.nl
Wed May 16 13:46:12 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 11:28:01PM +1000, Ben Woodcroft wrote:
> I'm not sure about your feelings on this Christian, but how do you feel
> about putting the rdf stuff in another biogem? If the aim is to get this
> gem merged into the bioruby core code (and I hope it is since when people
> say hmmer nowadays they likely mean v3, not v2), maybe the rdf stuff is a
> bit tangential?

I think it should be decoupled. RDF, in general, is a (searchable)
result-based (post-parser) format. Maybe we should coin that
definition somewhere :). I created bio-rdf biogem as a 'sink' for RDF
into triple stores. Sounds that bio-rdf is the right place for that
translation code to me :).  Feel free to push it in.