[BioRuby] GSoC: Testing framework for biogem plugins

Marjan Povolni marian.povolny at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 17:39:36 UTC 2012

Hi,

> > 2. Travis-CI handles users via their GitHub accounts. Would we also like
> > handle users that way, so they can hit "run my test" straight from
> > biogems.info? (and upload travis.yml file by/through our framwork,
> register
> > new gem in travis-ci straight from biogems.info etc.)
>
> I think Marjan has put github authentication in.

Yes, that's correct, users can sign into the new website using their GitHub
account. We're using OmniAuth gem to make this possible, the wiki page on
restyling bioruby.org has some additional details on this.

However, from reading GitHub API docs, I would say that it' not possible to
create a new commit to add travis.yml file to the repository in question
from the site. The site has only read access of all repositories which
belong to a user:

http://developer.github.com/v3/oauth/#scopes

--
Marjan