[BioRuby] BioRuby Digest, Vol 82, Issue 9

Carl Crott carlcrott at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 01:43:16 UTC 2012

I'm wondering if anyone has established a list of the requirements for
additional bio-gems...

I was hoping to do some development work on a gem to integrate with KEGG /
Genomeweb but it seems there is no central repo for the features which we'd
like to see.  This might be something to keep track of in the github
feature area...  I cant help but think that feature requests for gems will
be lost in a mailing list like this over time.

Specifically MR. Goto and Mr. Barton I've talked to you both about
programming some things ... however maybe something I should work on
instead is pulling together a feature list of all the features for each
bio-gem.  Without a doubt they'll change over time .. but I think something
thats slightly more static and more searchable ( Gmail's partial-string
search is surprisingly bad ) would be a good idea.

If you guys like this idea I'd be happy to work on it ... or any API
related bio-gem which happens to have a list of required features.

Thanks for all your hard work!!
-Carl