[BioRuby] GSoC weekly status report No.8

Marjan Povolni marian.povolny at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 17:16:12 UTC 2012

http://blog.mpthecoder.com/post/27339349340/gsoc-weekly-status-report-no-8

The 0.2 version of gff3-pltools has been released, together with a Ruby gem
bio-gff3-pltools. Binary and source packages can be downloaded from the
following location:

http://mamarjan.github.com/gff3-pltools/

On Wednesday I’ll be traveling to Lodi for the EU-codefest, there I’ll be
presenting about the project and current GFF3 parser and tools performance.

For the next release I would like to add parallelism to the parser. I’m
also thinking about adding a new option to gff3-ffetch, which would let the
user specify which fields and attributes to output in tab-separated columns.

Best regards,
Marjan