[BioRuby] BioRuby Digest, Vol 77, Issue 20

Yannick Wurm yannick.wurm at unil.ch
Thu Feb 23 18:37:25 UTC 2012

On 23 Feb 2012, at 17:00, bioruby-request at lists.open-bio.org wrote:
> George have summarised some of the points raised during irc meeting:
> here at http://bioruby.open-bio.org/wiki/Bioruby_site_Re-styling
>
> About :" support example code snippets that can be run from the browser
> * it would be great if we had a set of tutorials that users can follow in
> the browser"
> A starting point is http://bioruby.open-bio.org/wiki/BioRubyOnRails,  I
> think Katayama did it.

Apologies for chiming in a bit late. I fully agree that having something along these lines set up can greatly facilitate bioruby adoption.

 * people should be able to test it without having to install anything. (I recently tried running the BioRubyOnRails & failed).
 * http://rubular.com/  (used for learning & testing regexps) provides good inspiration.
 * making it idiot-proof  (e.g. having an "upload flatfile" button... and then autogenerating the appropriate file loading code) can help further...

Cheers,

yannick

----
Yannick Wurm
Ants, Genomes & Evolution ⋅ y.wurm at qmul.ac.uk ⋅ skype:yannickwurm ⋅ +44 207 882 3049
5.03A Fogg ⋅ School of Biological & Chemical Sciences ⋅ Queen Mary, University of London ⋅ Mile End Road ⋅ E1 4NX London ⋅ UK