[BioRuby] Restyling BioRuby.org

George Githinji georgkam at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 05:41:29 UTC 2012

Now let us get discuss the  issues regarding actually restyling the
bioruby.org site.

If we were to restyle bioruby.org., What is the community's preferred
way of doing it?
1. Using an existing Ruby framework
    i)  Rails
    ii) Sinatra
    iii) Others (specify)

2. Getting together some static pages without utilizing a framework.

Some considerations:
1. Who hosts the Bioruby.org site
This is important so as to access the nature and the ease of
deployment. Also should bioruby.org be hosted on a cloud
infrastructure like heroku? What are the pros and cons?

2. Who owns the bioruby.org domain name? aka who pays and registers
this domain every year and why?
Is this person willing to surrender the domain ownership to the
community? Would he perform the registration on behalf of the
community ?

3. For a while now, bioruby.org redirects to
http://bioruby.open-bio.org/. Which of the two is the  more
appropriate 'home' url?