[BioRuby] Google Summer of Code project ideas

Raoul Bonnal bonnal at ingm.org
Fri Feb 17 12:07:11 UTC 2012

Quick update. I added some new project, MAF parser and BioImage
* Write the world's fastest parallelized GFF3/GTF parser in D, for Ruby FFI
* Extend bio-alignment plug-in with Multiple Alignment Format -MAF- parser
(FFI?)
* Testing framework for biogem plugins
* Restyling BioRuby.org
* Update bio-images a plugin to represent bio-object with cool images

I'm thinking about biongs but I need to figure out and "easy" task for a
student.

As usual, please login and make contributes to all of them, do not hesitate
to propose new projects. There is something you miss in BioRuby ? Propose a
a project for a new Biogem (BioRuby plugin)!

http://bioruby.open-bio.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code#Proposal_2012

--
Ra