[BioRuby] Beautiful code for Bioinformatics

Raoul Bonnal bonnal at ingm.org
Mon Feb 13 07:44:21 UTC 2012

I'm studing D  because of Pjotr :-), next will be Scala.
Actually I tried Scala 2 year ago but my feeling was not so good with that
language, maybe it's me. I feel comfortable reading D book, and I find the
language a bit natural to me.
Pjotr is right, we as bioinformaticians should know both and try others.

What now is impossible with Ruby and Python is writing parallel
applications. I'm looking for the best way to write parallel code and use
the resources efficiently without forgetting easiness.
Obviously there are other techniques like Hadoop for processing "big data",
so ... Nothing is decided and we should discuss more.

I'm here and I want to hear about your experience/opinion/approach.

PS: Scala and D, both have binding to OpenCL