[BioRuby] bioruby.org ideas and proposal

Andrea Nodari andrea.nodari91 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 20:07:54 UTC 2012

Hi everybody,
I know I am late, but I had some problems with the pc in these days :)

Here I have some proposals for bioruby website and soon I'll do my application,
again, if you can help me with suggestions and feedback they're very
welcome,  but I know I'm late:
I have three main ideas:

1) Interaction with user.
A suggestion could be a sandbox, with some examples of usage of a gem
and an interactive
environment for try out some features. I think it could be very attractive.
(Examples: http://try.redis-db.com/ or http://tryruby.org/)

2) Challanges.
As Pjotr said, I think it could be fantastic if some challanges were
proposed through github
on the main website.

3) A strong integration with github and bioruby.info.
I would like to accept the suggestion from the guy who want to do the
testing framework.
I think it's a good idea to show in the main site the status of various gems.

Another thing (easier I think) is the integration of all sources of
information such as twitter feed,
github issues etc..
The news part in a website is very important :)

Well, that's all.. tomorrow I'll come up with some mock ups and more details.

Cheers
--
Andrea