[BioRuby] Installing Ruby 1.9 on CentOS 5.4

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 7 11:43:54 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Pjotr Prins <pjotr.public14 at thebird.nl> wrote:
> Very cool. Would it be possible to show the builder names including
> the distro? So instead of the too generic
>
>  Linux 32 - Ruby 1.9
>
> show
>
>  Linux CentOS 4.6 32bits - Ruby 1.9
>
> so the output is immediately self descriptive?
>
> Pj.

That short name is configurable, but it would be used for multiple
buildslaves supporting that target.

The question is do you want to lump together all your 32 bit
Linux machines testing Ruby 1.9 under one group (as it is
now, although currently with just one buildslave for this
grouping), or have a more fine grained listing?

i.e. More build targets which will show up as more rows or
columns here:

http://testing.open-bio.org/bioruby/grid
http://testing.open-bio.org/bioruby/tgrid
http://testing.open-bio.org/bioruby/waterfall

This is what we were trying to ask earlier about the build
targets, and initially we agreed to go for Ruby 1.8 and 1.9
on a range of operating systems - Windows 32, Win 64,
Linux 32, Linux 64, Mac OS Snow Leopard (64 bit), etc
Hopefully this is starting to become clearer now.

Peter