[BioRuby] [Open-bio Board] Buildbot on testing.open-bio.org

Pjotr Prins pjotr.public14 at thebird.nl
Fri Nov 4 07:14:30 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 10:09:03PM +0000, Tiago Antão wrote:
> I had a silly bug with mail sending. But a barebones server is now
> working. it includes ruby 1.8 and 1.9.1 (Debian/Ubuntu).
> http://testing.open-bio.org/bioruby
>
> Honestly I had to read all the ongoing emails superficially, because I
> was chasing this silly bug.
>
> In my view now we have to:
> 1. setup slaves
> 2. give some of you the password for the admin web interface
> 3. get you an area on the testing machine so that you get familiarized
> with buildbot. We, of course, will support you during the first times
> 4. Think about gems.

Excellent stuff. I can add slaves for Debian stable and testing on 64
and 32 bit (interesting to see BioRuby-64 fails on SOAP/WSDL).

I propose Naohisa, Raoul and myself to get access to buildbot, so we
can maintain and develop the build/integration tests for BioRuby and
plugins.

This is a big step forward for the Bio* projects, in my opinion.