[BioRuby] Missing libxml-ruby and unit tests on Mac OS X Snow Leopard

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 3 19:26:32 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 7:15 PM, Raoul Bonnal <bonnal at ingm.org> wrote:
> Hi guys, this is a great work!
> I would strongly suggest to use rvm to install multiple instances of ruby.

Initially I will use whatever Ruby comes with my systems or their
default package. That seems simplest - and a realistic test case.

For a multi-ruby test slave I'm sure you guys know best.

> As I see in a old email, I would say that plugins must be 1.9 compliant I
> don't care about 1.8.

Pjotr agreed, but initially we're not going to test any of the biogem
plugins.

> About JRuby please take care that it's default interpreter is v1.8 you have
> to set up by hand to use v1.9 http://beginrescueend.com/interpreters/jruby/
>
> I must check this project and see if it works
> https://rubygems.org/gems/rubygems-test
>
> I'll try to be more active in coming days.
> I think I could provide a virtual machine as mirror, in the near future.

So should we add JRuby v1.8 and JRuby v1.9 to the test matrix?

Peter