[BioRuby] [Open-bio Board] Buildbot on testing.open-bio.org

Pjotr Prins pjotr.public14 at thebird.nl
Thu Nov 3 14:29:28 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 02:19:49PM +0000, Peter Cock wrote:
> under both Ruby 1.8 and 1.9 (assuming of course that
> is possible - can they co-exist?).

That is no problem. Debian derived distros have it by default. You
can also use rvm in user space.

http://jbowes.wordpress.com/2008/05/13/installing-ruby-gems-in-your-home-directory/

> I was thinking we can get the first two targets up and running
> quite quickly:
>
> * bio (the BioRuby gem) on ruby1.8
> * bio (the BioRuby gem) on ruby1.9
>
> And then work on the full set:
>
> * bio, and all plugins contained in bio-core, bio-core-ext on ruby1.9
>
> with additional targets for ruby2.0 or whatever is next.
> But ultimately you guys get to decide of course.

Sounds good to me. With the two targets configures, I am sure we can
add the rest ourselves.

I would also like to show the test results on http://biogems.info/