[BioRuby] Programmatic interfaces to online-only bioinformatic tools

Raoul Bonnal bonnalraoul at ingm.it
Fri Mar 4 09:31:10 UTC 2011

Dear Ben,
I'm very happy that you like the plugin system, thanks!

Yesterday we created the doc team which is charge to supervise every doc content for BioRuby.
@DocTeam: please make a public announce.

Our role is to make their life easier, so write tests, documentation in code and useful comments so,  I invite you to add your case study to the README for a better comprehension of the tool, or where the docteam will decide.

Also a reminder for all developers:
try to respect/reflect the bioruby directory tree, in this particular case:

lib/bio-cnls_screenscraper.rb
  require 'bio/cnls_screenscraper'

mkdir lib/bio
touch lib/bio/cnls_screenscraper.rb and add your code here.

Don't forget, git add .

This would help in the future for an easier incorporation into bioruby, if we decide that a particular plugin can be assimilated (BORG)

PS: probably I need to make this concept more clear on biogem, sorry it's my fault.