[BioRuby] Bio::BWA

Francesco Strozzi francesco.strozzi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 13:13:00 UTC 2011

Hi all,
the version 0.1 of the BWA Plugin is now available for tests!

The code is at https://github.com/fstrozzi/bioruby-bwa
Details on this plugin with some examples are available at
https://github.com/fstrozzi/bioruby-bwa/wiki
Plugin documentation is available at http://fstrozzi.github.com/bioruby-bwa/

The plugin runs with ruby-ffi and includes two pre-compiled BWA shared
libraries for Linux and Mac OS X (64bit only). I've run tests on both
systems and the results are fine. For what I have seen the plugin works with
the same performance as the standalone BWA (I will add details on the
benchmarks to the wiki asap).
Before releasing a gem I would like more tests from someone else other than
me ;-). Particularly to check if the pre-compiled libraries works fine or if
there are issues here and there. So please checkout the code, try it and let
me know your feedbacks!

Thanks and cheers

--

Francesco