[BioRuby] GSoC - project "Represent bio-objects and related information with images"

Michał Koziarski michalkoziarski at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 19:56:07 UTC 2011

Hi, my name is Michał Koziarski and I would like to participate in this year
GSoC on project mentioned in title. I've prepared a short plan and would be
glad to hear some opinions about it. I have a few questions too:

   - do I have to be familiar with BioRuby itself?
   - in what exactly 'web visualization' consists? Does it simply mean that
   there should be a way to upload created files, or is it something more?

And my current plan, in which I don't mention RoR integration (since I am
not sure what it will be about):
1. Getting familiarized with BioRuby objects, mainly with the way they hold
data.
2. Deciding with features should be visualized.
3. In case of presence data with different format but same way of
visualization, implementing a mechanism converting data to unified format.
4. Writing a module responsible for creating graphical representation of
data.
5. Writing a documentation.

Any feedback is appreciated.