[BioRuby] rails blast server

Anurag Priyam anurag08priyam at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 18:06:44 UTC 2010

> Dang I thought Rails would make AJAX stuff easier too? Or is that only if I need a database backend?
> Sorry for the noob questions, I haven't done any web dev in a long time...

Yea Rails will help you with AJAX a bit. It will also help you with
the upload process - paperclip plugin.

But yea, as Frank said, for something as simple as this you do not
need something as heavy as Rails. You might just want to write a Ruby
CGI script or perhaps a Sinatra app. To make life simple with AJAX you
can just use jQuery library.

I have got some web development experience; feel free to contact me
off the list :).

--
Anurag Priyam,
3rd Year Undergraduate,