[BioRuby] May I contribute a 23andMe flatfile parser?

Naohisa GOTO ngoto at gen-info.osaka-u.ac.jp
Fri Oct 1 10:01:51 UTC 2010

Hi Russell,

Please do so. No one has right to prohibit development.
No response from anyone for a week suggest that it does not exist.

In BioRuby, no data class for a SNP. Writing general SNP class,
not specific to 23andMe, may also be needed during the development
of the parser.

I found the data format description and sample data in SNPedia.
It seems it is a simple tab-separated text. Is it the
"23andMe SNP/genotype flatfile" you wrote?

http://www.snpedia.com/index.php/23andMe

Naohisa Goto
ngoto at gen-info.osaka-u.ac.jp / ng at bioruby.org