[BioRuby] [GSoC][NeXML and RDF API] Code Review.

Naohisa GOTO ngoto at gen-info.osaka-u.ac.jp
Mon Jun 28 12:54:09 UTC 2010

Dear Anurag,

Do not add methods in other classes and modules outside Bio.
Modifying other classes and modules outside Bio namespace is
prohibited in BioRuby library because such kind of code could
make conflicts with user scrpits or other libraries when each
code defines a method with the same name with different behavior
or when the original class is refactored by the original authors.

It is BioRuby's policy to respect user's freedom. For example,
if we defined Array#has?, a user who want to define Array#has?
with different meanings could not use BioRuby. So, to keep
user's right, it is our policy not to change outside Bio as
far as possible.

PS. You may find some exceptinal codes in Bio::Shell and in
sample scripts, because they are separate applications.

Naohisa Goto
ngoto at gen-info.osaka-u.ac.jp / ng at bioruby.org