[BioRuby] [GSoC][NeXML and RDF API] RDF API

Rutger Vos rutgeraldo at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 11:40:48 UTC 2010

> You should judge every new class you introduce based on those
> grounds: Does it add to, or simplify, my API? Or does it make my
> internal code organisation a lot easier to understand. Tick one of
> those two boxes to create class hierarchies. Otherwise you are best
> off with the most *simple* data representation. Simple, in general,
> is easy to understand and allows for more flexible approaches.

In working in other languages it has turned out time and time again that the
more closely the class hierarchy mirrors that of the NeXML schema types, the
more easily instance documents can be represented, manipulated and
round-tripped. This doesn't necessarily mean that the API for users needs to
reflect all that, but internally it's useful.

--
Dr. Rutger A. Vos
School of Biological Sciences