[BioRuby] R: [GSoC][NeXML and RDF API] Update

Naohisa GOTO ngoto at gen-info.osaka-u.ac.jp
Thu Jul 1 10:24:29 UTC 2010

Hi,

We don't "swith to" RSpec.
RSpec would be used in addition to Test::Unit in some cases.

In the development of Matz Ruby, both Test::Unit and RSpec are used.
Test::Unit is mainly used to check functionality and regressions of
each component, and to check portability running on every platform.
RSpec is mainly used to describe and guarantee Ruby's specifications.

For BioRuby, ideally both would be needed, but resource is limited.
First priority is to write tests using Test::Unit, because it is bundled
with Ruby and thus it is easy to check if all functions correctly work
on variety of platforms and Ruby versions.

Apart from testing, RSpec may be helpful when designing API, as working
examples with documentation.

Naohisa Goto
ngoto at gen-info.osaka-u.ac.jp / ng at bioruby.org