[BioRuby] IRC conference archives

Pjotr Prins pjotr.public14 at thebird.nl
Mon Dec 27 17:13:57 UTC 2010

Here the second 8 minute screencast, where I call into BioRuby from
Scala. A similar procedure would work for Java and Clojure, calling
into (Bio)Ruby libraries. It just works (tm).

http://bio4.dnsalias.net/download2/JRuby_from_Scala_or_Java.ogm

(temporary download link)

Note how Scala resembles Ruby.

Just to be clear: for me Scala does not replace Ruby. I use both
languages. Scala is for performance, mostly. Essentially a
replacement for C, in my book. It is a much nicer language than C,
C++, or Java (shudder).