[BioRuby] IRC conference archives

Pjotr Prins pjotr.public14 at thebird.nl
Tue Dec 21 17:04:51 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 10:18:37AM +0100, Pjotr Prins wrote:
> This Thursday we can look at developing new plugins. For anyone
> interested in some Ruby programming over the holidays.

Some of the list members are interested in contributing new bioruby
code. I would like to ask here for candidates for new plugins. My
vote would be for example:

- bio-blast: BLAST parser plugin based on libxml that does not load everything in RAM

- bio-samtools: Samtools plugin (based on biolib?)

Who would be interested in writing that? I can help with the
implementation and design, if required.

Any other ideas here?