[BioRuby] Chado Mappings and DataMapper vs ActiveRecord

Rob Syme rob.syme at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 09:13:59 UTC 2010

I've got some (very) early mappings up for the Chado DB schema (only
the cv, general, sequence and pub modules so far).
http://github.com/robsyme/RubyCHADO
I'd be very happy to offer a more final version up for inclusion into
BioRuby if others thought that it might be useful. The code is neither
clever nor elegant, but it might save somebody else putting together
all the relationships/associations in the future.
At the moment, the models are based on DataMapper rather than
ActiveRecord. DataMapper feels like a better fit to me, but if there
are others with strong opinions about ORMs in BioRuby, I'd appreciate
the input.
-r