[BioRuby] BioRuby paper is just published

Pjotr Prins pjotr.public14 at thebird.nl
Thu Aug 26 17:53:44 UTC 2010

Thanks Peter!

I think this paper is an important milestone for BioRuby, and the Bio*
projects in general.  I think we took care to write the paper in such
a way that it will help popularise the concept of OSS Bio* projects,
and attract new developers to BioRuby, BioPython, BioJava and others.

Just to show what it means, during this year's GSoC running up,
someone (I won't mention names) had the gall to say that BioRuby was
nowhere and not worth supporting, since we had no peer reviewed
publication. Doh! Someone needed OSS explained.

I guess that argument is buried now.

What shines on any Bio* project shines on the others. We look forward
to many cross Bio* collaborations. Thanks Peter, Brad, Hilmar, Chris
and all others, for being above project interests, and supporting all
Bio* projects. In true sportsmanship.

I think we have a pretty and attractive paper, which anyone can take
to his or her supervisor. That was the goal.

Hut hut hut, go OBF! And go BioRuby, BioPython, BioPerl, and BioJava!

Pj.