[BioRuby] GFF3

Tomoaki NISHIYAMA tomoakin at kenroku.kanazawa-u.ac.jp
Mon Aug 16 12:38:56 UTC 2010

Hi,

It sounds me nice to have such feature.
Maybe first thing to do for the implementation is to make a function
to collect exons of a mRNA, sort and write join addresses,
and finally pass to Sequence::NA.splicing.

One thing needed before implementation is how to specify the sequene.
GFF files sometimes comes without the sequence part and sometimes
with the
sequence.  When the sequence is accompanied within the file its
simple: just use it.
If the sequence is not accompanied, may be we should pass a Hash of
Bio::Sequence::NA?
When a hash is supplied for a GFF with Sequence should the hash
override the accompanied
sequence?

Some more exceptional thing would be handling circular genomes with some
annotation spanning over the cut site of the genome.

--
Tomoaki NISHIYAMA

Advanced Science Research Center,
Kanazawa University,