[BioRuby] Patch for Bug 18019.

Tomoaki NISHIYAMA tomoakin at kenroku.kanazawa-u.ac.jp
Thu Apr 15 09:07:52 UTC 2010

Hi Anurag,

> I believe Goto-san's mail also implied something on the same line?

Goto-san's mail implied that your file is just incorrect, because
there are no
such excess newline in the official GenBank releases, and bioruby
library
is good to return extra entry containing nil on wrong input.

My opinion is even if it is not exactly the same format as the
GenBank releases,
bioruby library should ignore the excess newline.
My previous mail was to explain why such file are frequently seen,
showing
that the NCBI website creates such file, and an easy way to reproducibly
obtain such file with reasonably looking way. (Though tools and email
parameters were omitted)

I am sure he knows well on why the newline cause that problem, and
need not to
explain on the cause.
The most important issue is the decision of what is the right behavior.
--
Tomoaki NISHIYAMA

Advanced Science Research Center,
Kanazawa University,