[BioRuby] GSoC project

Konstantin Stepanyuk konstantin.s.stepanyuk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 05:02:07 UTC 2010

Hi All,

My name is Kostya Stepanyuk, I'm an undergraduate student from
Novosibirsk State University in Russia and I'm a looking forward to
participate in 'Ruby 1.9.2 support of BioRuby' GSoC project.

I already have a background in bioinformatics since I have been
participating in Unipro UGENE (http://ugene.unipro.ru) open-source
bioinformatics project for a long time. Also, I highly appreciate Ruby
programming language and I was very glad to get to know that there is
an open-source ruby-based open-source bioinformatics project.

My motivation in participating in this project is to improve my
knowledge of Ruby, to familiarize myself with your great project and
to help BioRuby become more qualitative and popular. I'm looking
forward to contribute to your promising project!

I'm going to send the full application as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Kostya.