[BioRuby] GSOC: phyloXML for BioRuby: Code Review

Diana Jaunzeikare rozziite at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 16:27:11 UTC 2009

Hi all,

In the Google Summer of Code project I have reached a stage where most of
the code has been written for PhyloXML parser and I would like to ask for
code review.

I would like to know answers to these questions:

* What parts should have more documentation?

* Are there any places where code could be made more rubyish?

* Are the structure of unit tests fine, or there are some conventions which
my code doesn't follow?

* Is code readable?

* Are there any conventions that I don't follow? (like lines should strictly
fit into 80 columns)?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Code is available on github
http://github.com/latvianlinuxgirl/bioruby/tree/dev  in *
lib/bio/db/phyloxml.rb* and *test/unit/bio/db/test_phyloxml.rb* files.

Diana