[BioRuby] help to understand the codes

chen li chen_li3 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 18 15:42:03 UTC 2009

Hi Tomoaki,

Thank you for the explanation.

For rule 1: /[AU].{2}$/i =~ target
Based on my understanding of regular expression, it will match the following nts:
N---NA/UAA
N---NA/UTT
N---NA/UGG
N---NA/UCC
but will not match the following nts:
N---NA/UAT
N---NA/UTA

which mean the last two nts are identical, is that right?
The similar situation applies to rule 2: /^.{2}[GC]/i =~ target
  starting with two identical nts followed by G/C at the third position.

If this is the case I wonder where the paper mentions that the last two nts are the same and the first two nts are identical. Do I miss something when I read the paper?

Thanks,

Li