[BioRuby] Tutorial situation

Pjotr Prins pjotr.public14 at thebird.nl
Thu Feb 26 11:31:10 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 05:35:04PM +0000, Jan Aerts wrote:
> How about we (let someone) write the tutorials in a "tutorials" subdirectory
> of bioruby (so it's kept under version control) but actually show those
> tutorials on the existing bioruby homepage (http://bioruby.open-bio.org).

Probably the best idea. I think most contributors will be developers
anyway.

This means we should remove the tutorial from Mediawiki and use a
generated version (somewhere). Any objections? And where do we
generate it? I can do it on one of my machines, for now.

> I don't care what formatting would be used for the tutorials, but my vote
> goes for Textile.

That is (yet) another wiki formatter. There is a Ruby implementation
here: http://redcloth.org/. We would also have to look at colored code
output, I think.

The current Tutorial.rd has multiple outputs. Where do we want to go
with this? The same holds for RubyInAnger.

Comments, decisions, please.