[BioRuby] reading fastq files

George Githinji georgkam at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 05:25:10 UTC 2009

Hi all,
It seems that the bioruby.gemspec file did not include the following lines
when building the initial gem
"lib/bio/db/fasta/fasta_to_biosequence.rb",
    "lib/bio/db/fastq/fastq_to_biosequence.rb",
    "lib/bio/db/fastq/format_fastq.rb",
    "lib/bio/db/fastq.rb",
    "lib/bio/db/sanger_chromatogram/abif.rb",
    "lib/bio/db/sanger_chromatogram/chromatogram.rb",
    "lib/bio/db/sanger_chromatogram/chromatogram_to_biosequence.rb",
    "lib/bio/db/sanger_chromatogram/scf.rb",
    "lib/bio/db/phyloxml/phyloxml.xsd",
    "lib/bio/db/phyloxml/phyloxml_elements.rb",
    "lib/bio/db/phyloxml/phyloxml_parser.rb",
    "lib/bio/db/phyloxml/phyloxml_writer.rb",
    "lib/bio/sequence/quality_score.rb",

Upon adding the above lines to the bioruby.gemspec and rebuilding the gem,
the functionality is now available.