[BioRuby] Status of bioruby with Debian packages

Andrew Grimm andrew.j.grimm at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 09:30:16 UTC 2009

According to http://packages.qa.debian.org/b/bioruby.html , the latest
bioruby available as a Debian package is 1.1.0 or 1.1.0-1.

Are there plans to update bioruby's debian package?

This isn't an major issue for me - our ubuntu system already has bioruby
installed for ruby 1.8, and I was merely hoping to use ruby 1.9 merely for
faster performance. If a debian update isn't likely, then we might try using
rubygems on ubuntu and hope that the package management police don't arrest
us!

Andrew
PS: Is there anything better than just plain web search for searching
bioruby's mailing list archives?