[BioRuby] bioruby tutorials?

Jan Aerts jan.aerts at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 15:25:29 UTC 2008

I really like the tutorials that are provided on the bio*perl* website (
http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/HOWTOs). The bioperl documentation explains how
each class works (exactly like the bioruby rdoc), but the howtos take a
problem-oriented approach. They explain how to tackle a certain problem
which might include cross-class interactions.

At the moment we don't have any of these tutorials on the website yet (there
obviously _is_ the general tutorial, but some more specific howtos would be
good) and I don't know if anyone is actually working on one. If anyone has
an idea on how to get people writing these tutorials: let us know!

jan.