[BioRuby] Post Hackathon tasks

Jan Aerts jan.aerts at bbsrc.ac.uk
Wed Feb 20 16:21:18 UTC 2008

Goto-san, Raoul and I are involved in making sure that we can
import/export from/to the main file and database formats such as EMBL,
GenBank and BioSQL. See http://hackathon.dbcls.jp/wiki/OpenBio%2A for
more info. Basically this involves reading such file into a
Bio::Sequence, exporting it and reading it in a second time. The first
version of the Bio::Sequence should be the same as the second one...

As you can see in lib/bio/db, there are quite a few formats to do, so
any help there would be appreciated.

And this is all completely apart from any webservices related stuff that
might be done...

jan.

On Wed, 2008-02-20 at 08:05 -0800, Christian M Zmasek wrote:
> Same here.
> As I mentioned, I would be interested in seeing a feature request list
> from/for BioRuby users.
>
> Christian
>

> Alex Gutteridge wrote:
> > Hi Everybody,
> >
> > I may have missed it in my XML/SOAP/MOBY haze, but was there any
> > attempt to collate a to-do list for Bioruby during the hackathon? I
> > have some time to spare but I'd like to know a) what's most important
> > to work on and b) that no-one else is working on exactly the same thing.
> >
> > If nothing else I will move over the old (but still accurate I think)
> > Bio::PDB documentation to the new wiki and add a section on that to
> > the tutorial page.
> >
> > AlexG
Dr Jan Aerts
Bioinformatics Group
Roslin Institute
Roslin EH25 9PS
Scotland, UK
tel: +44 131 527 4198

----...and the obligatory disclaimer----
Roslin Institute is a company limited by guarantee, registered in
Scotland (registered number SC157100) and a Scottish Charity (registered
number SC023592). Our registered office is at Roslin, Midlothian, EH25
9PS. VAT registration number 847380013.

The information contained in this e-mail (including any attachments) is
confidential and is intended for the use of  the addressee only. The
opinions expressed within this e-mail (including any attachments) are
the opinions of the sender and do not necessarily constitute those of
Roslin Institute (Edinburgh) ("the Institute") unless specifically
stated by a sender who is duly authorised to do so on behalf of the
Institute.