[BioRuby] Looking for projects to highlight

Joel Dudley jdudley at stanford.edu
Fri Apr 11 22:18:41 UTC 2008

Hello BioRuby list. I'm going to be speaking at the upcoming Third
Annual Silicon Valley Ruby Conference in San Jose, CA on April 19th
and I am looking for some biology and medicine related projects to
highlight.

http://www.sdforum.org/Ruby

The title of my talk is: "Gems and Genomics: Ruby at the Edge of
Biology and Medicine in the Genomic Era" and I'm looking to highlight
some projects other than my own that are using Ruby to do some
interesting and/or big-scale biological research.

If you are doing anything interesting with Ruby in this area please
drop me a note so I can highlight it in my talk. The conference will
be well-attended so it could be a great opportunity to get your
project's name out. I'm going to be speaking along side a bunch of IT
people so I really want to use this opportunity to raise awareness
about Ruby in Science.

Cheers,

Joel Dudley