[BioRuby] CDART BioRuby

Sharvari Gujja sgujja at broad.mit.edu
Thu Apr 10 18:20:26 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am trying to use NCBI CDART( Conserved Domain Architecture Retreival
Tool ) to analyze multiple protein sequences in fasta format.

CDART assigns domains based on RPS Blast so this is what I intend to do
in bioruby:

1. Take the input protein sequences file in fasta format .

2. Do RPS Blast for each sequence using Bio::Blast class
          - I still have to look into it.

3. From the output get the pssm/cd id to efetch the cdd page from ncbi.
          -This is where I need help.Is there a class in Bioruby which I
can use to retrieve the cdd page?

You can try an example : cd00066 to see how the output looks like (
search under Conserved Domain Database)

Appreciate any help.

Thanks