[BioRuby] getting started with BioRuby

bio scientist pathoquest at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 19:50:25 UTC 2008

Thanks a lot for the encouragement and responses! And for helping me to get
started. So, I was making the mistake of running the examples from within
the shell. Once I changed that to doing it from command line, it works fine.

Also, thanks Jan. I was able to get to GenBank and get the .seq files, so I
was able to do those examples as well.

Wow, it feels so good to actually see things working and the ATGC's
scrolling past!

With the permission of the authors of the tutorial, I would like to
incorporate and show those examples in my blog. As I learn each new thing, I
would want to try and put them online for other programming newbies to
understand.

(Just an observation: I tried the examples on Windows. Where Ruby is
installed independently, things work fine, but no so with Instant Rails.
Maybe I am missing something, but  wanted to share anyway)

KK