[BioRuby] Ensembl API

jan aerts (RI) jan.aerts at bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu May 10 10:18:22 UTC 2007

OK.

-----Original Message-----
From: Toshiaki Katayama [mailto:ktym at hgc.jp]
Sent: 10 May 2007 11:14
To: jan aerts (RI)
Cc: Michael Han; bioruby at lists.open-bio.org
Subject: Re: [BioRuby] Ensembl API

Jan,

In that case, I would like you to consider to use the rubyforge
repository 'bioruby-annex' which Nakao-san had set up.

  http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/bioruby/2007-April/000355.html

When your modules matured and we, core developers, have decided how to
integrate Rails dependent modules in BioRuby, you can put them in the
BioRuby distribution.

Toshiaki

On 2007/05/10, at 18:09, jan aerts (RI) wrote:

> I actually just started working on this API last night (in between
> some deadlines I got to catch), so haven't gotten so far as to think
> about caching. I'm basically working through the perl API tutorial
> (http://www.ensembl.org/info/software/core/core_tutorial.html) and try

> to implement all those examples. (At the moment, I'm at the bit that
> says "Break chromosomal slices into smaller 100k component slices"...)
>
> Some hurdles that I see coming are the caching and projecting features

> from one coord system to another. We'll see what happens when we get
> there.
>
> As for a public place: I would _very_ much appreciate help with the
> API, although
>
> QUESTION FOR BIORUBY COMMUNITY AND DEVELOPERS:
> * Do you think it would be best to create a sourceforge project for
> this, or should I add it directly into bioruby (e.g.
Bio::Api::Ensembl)?