[BioRuby] v1.1

Toshiaki Katayama ktym at hgc.jp
Fri Jul 20 08:01:18 UTC 2007

Hi,

This time, we have challenged difficult tasks including
- changing license
- rdoc formatting
- phyloinformatics
- attempt for rails integration
etc. and these might lead the delay of the release
as estimating how long they may take to be stabilized
was not predictable.

Several other reasons I guess:

* Targetting priority

We have a lot of items in our todo list, but what should be done
before the next release is not easily decided.

* Time for development

To spare dedicated span of time for development is getting difficult
for core developers as the project is running as a volunteer bases
and they have their own jobs (not students with unlimited time any more...)

Anyway, I'll try to release more often!

* I will release 1.1.1, 1.1.2, ... as soon as the critical bugs are found and fixed.
* We need to fix goals (todo items) for the 1.2 release.

Thanks,
Toshiaki from conference room of BOSC2007 day2