[BioRuby] ruby API to ensembl core database

jan aerts (RI) jan.aerts at bbsrc.ac.uk
Tue Aug 14 14:36:32 UTC 2007

All,

I've released a ruby API to the Ensembl core database, similar to the
one available for perl. Mitsuteru already wrote a very useful interface
to the ExportView functionality of the Ensembl website, but this API is
linked to the underlying mysql database and attempts to copy the
functionality of the full-blown perl API. This includes slices,
projections and transformations. A tutorial for the API is available at
the homepage where you can also download the gem (for the Ensembl core
people: 'gem' refers to a type of file, not to a developer who lost
touch with reality).

I've tested quite a bit, and hope there are no bugs left in the code...
If you find any: let me know.

For more information, see http://bioruby-annex.rubyforge.org and
http://saaientist.blogspot.com

If you have any suggestions, please don't hesitate to contact me. And if
anyone would be interested to help me in the future development of this
API, I'd be very happy.

Big big thanks to the Ensembl core team for helping me (and being my
hosts as a Geek for a Week).

Dr Jan Aerts
Bioinformatics Group
Roslin Institute
Roslin EH25 9PS
Scotland, UK
tel: +44 131 527 4198
skype: aerts_ri

----...and the obligatory disclaimer----
Roslin Institute is a company limited by guarantee, registered in
Scotland (registered number SC157100) and a Scottish Charity (registered
number SC023592). Our registered office is at Roslin, Midlothian, EH25
9PS. VAT registration number 847380013.

The information contained in this e-mail (including any attachments) is
confidential and is intended for the use of  the addressee only. The
opinions expressed within this e-mail (including any attachments) are
the opinions of the sender and do not necessarily constitute those of
Roslin Institute (Edinburgh) ("the Institute") unless specifically
stated by a sender who is duly authorised to do so on behalf of the
Institute.