[BioRuby] Ruby Newbie

Naohisa GOTO ngoto at gen-info.osaka-u.ac.jp
Thu Aug 9 14:40:18 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 11:39:49 +0400 (RET)
"Shameer Khadar" <shameer at ncbs.res.in> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am a Ruby/Bio-Ruby newbie. Please direct me to some good resource to
> start learning Ruby by using Bio-Ruby classes.

BioRuby in Anger
http://dev.bioruby.org/wiki/en/?BioRuby+in+Anger

Tutorial.rd (bundled with bioruby-X.X.X.tar.gz)
http://cvs.open-bio.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/bioruby/doc/Tutorial.rd?rev=HEAD&cvsroot=bioruby&content-type=text/plain

Tutorial.rd on Bioruby Wiki (older than above, and
parse error occurred?)
http://dev.bioruby.org/wiki/en/?Tutorial.rd

However, above documents may be too difficult for newbies
who don't know Ruby. If so, you may also want to read
introductions and tutorials of Ruby itself, for example,
http://tryruby.hobix.com/ (interactive tutorial of Ruby is available)

Thanks,

Naohisa Goto
ngoto at gen-info.osaka-u.ac.jp / ng at bioruby.org
Department of Genome Informatics, Genome Information Research Center,
Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Japan