[BioRuby] bioruby documentation

jan aerts (RI) jan.aerts at bbsrc.ac.uk
Mon Mar 6 18:41:52 UTC 2006

Hi Trevor,

I agree that, if at all, only public methods should be documented. And, as you say, one or two lines of comment become commonplace. However, we have to keep in mind that it's the end-user that is the target for the docs. Myself having used BioPerl a lot, I found the included method-docs almost always sufficient for using them. The fact that some BioPerl developers did not adequately supply information (be it in that formal format) probably means that they would not provide documentation at all if not for that standard.

If the consensus would be _not_ to document the methods, I'll of course go for that. What do the heavy-weights think?
jan.