[BioRuby] BioRuby 1.0.0 released
ktym at hgc.jp
Mon Feb 27 18:25:38 UTC 2006
We have released BioRuby 1.0.0 with ChemRuby 1.0.0
as a result of one year grant funded by IPA.
One of the major development is the BioRuby shell,
a CUI for BioRuby.
% bioruby test
will show you some features of the shell.
We have done the Japanese tutorial on BioRuby shell
but that part is not yet translated in English (sorry).
Another large development is a number of unit tests.
You can test the BioRuby by
% ruby install.rb config
% ruby install.rb setup
% ruby install.rb test
before installing. If you found any errors or problems,
please let us know.
There were some incompatible changes in the library,
so if you are trying to upgrade, please take a look on
the "bioruby-1.0.0/doc/Changes-0.7.rd" file.
We will continue to develop the library and your
contributions are always welcome!
Some future plans:
* English documentation (please help us!)
* Change license from LGPL to Ruby's
* HTTP proxy support (by open-uri?)
* Better supports on Bio::DAS, Bio::GFF, Bio::SQL
* Utilization of Bio::Sequence as the format converter
* Improvement of shell with Rails
* Cooperation with ChemRuby
* Additional tests
More information about the BioRuby