[BioRuby] superclass mismatch for class EMBL

jan aerts (RI) jan.aerts at bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu Apr 13 14:48:56 UTC 2006

When trying to run 'ruby embl.rb' in the lib/bio/db/embl/ directory, I
get a 'superclass mismatch' error:
  embl.rb:54: superclass mismatch for class EMBL (TypeError)

That line 54 reads: class EMBL < EMBLDB

I haven't been able to figure out where that exactly comes from. The
EMBL class is only defined in this file, so it looks like that is not
the problem. However, the EMBLDB class is defined in the
lib/bio/db/embl/common.rb file ("class EMBLDB") as well as in the
lib/bio/db.rb file ("class EMBLDB < DB"). Can that result in this error?

Jan Aerts, PhD
Bioinformatics Group
Roslin Institute
Roslin, Scotland, UK
+44 131 527 4200

---------The obligatory disclaimer--------
The information contained in this e-mail (including any attachments) is
confidential and is intended for the use of the addressee only.   The
opinions expressed within this e-mail (including any attachments) are
the opinions of the sender and do not necessarily constitute those of
Roslin Institute (Edinburgh) ("the Institute") unless specifically
stated by a sender who is duly authorised to do so on behalf of the
Institute.