[BioRuby] New 'bio/lib' directory suggestion, for comments

Toshiaki Katayama ktym at hgc.jp
Sat Dec 10 01:36:18 EST 2005

Hi Trevor,

At the moment, I'm not willing to include other libraries in the BioRuby distribution,
especially when the license of the library is incompatible.

For what purpose do you want to use the permutation library?
The library would be great (although I don't looked in it yet), but if you only need
the part of its functionality, how about to write your own for your module to resolve
the license problem?

Other possible solutions:

* Use gem to install dependent library.
* Change the license of the dependent library.
* To make the library bundled with Ruby itself as a standard library.
* Distribute your application with the library + BioRuby included.
etc.

How do you thnk?

Toshiaki