[BioRuby] Fwd: BOSC 2004 Announcement and Call for Papers

Toshiaki Katayama ktym at hgc.jp
Tue Mar 23 21:28:51 EST 2004

On 2004/03/23, at 3:20, pjotr at pckassa.com wrote:
> Yes, I am attending BOSC (permission granted by my Professor). Anyone
> else of BioRuby coming?

That's nice.

I will be there (not yet confirmed, although).
Maybe, we can have a BioRuby BOF session.

> I can do a talk - what would be the most interesting to discuss? What
> came up during the last BOSC? Some feedback would be useful.

For example, could you prepare an interesting/typical application of
BioRuby?

Last year, I have represented capability of the BioRuby and the use of
the KEGG API (http://open-bio.org/bosc2003/talks.html#kegg).
Other projects also showed some applications like a users perspective,
pipelines etc. and they were impressive.

In my case, I can prepare to report our project overview and the recent
progress including some topics of my interest.

Currently, I'm interested in KEGG API, DAS, GFF3 etc. and integrate
them with GMOD.  Also interested in to have Bio::Graphics equivalent
in BioRuby (with more generalized way?).

-k