[BioRuby] proxy

Jean-Philippe Vert Jean-Philippe.Vert at mines.org
Tue Mar 16 05:54:52 EST 2004

Dear friends,

I'd like to use the wonderful KEGG API with Ruby, but I can only connect
to the web through a proxy. Would someone know what I should do to set
up the proxy connection? For example, let's say I want to run the script:

#!/usr/bin/env ruby
require 'bio'
serv = Bio::KEGG::API.new
puts serv.get_best_neighbors_by_gene('eco:b0002', 500, ['hin', 'bsu'])

It does not work currently because it tries to connect directly. Should
I change something in this code, or in a different configuration file?

Thanks if you have time to answer this basic question, or give me a link.

yoroshiku onegaishimasu
jp

--
Jean-Philippe Vert