[Biopython] Biopython error

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 23 13:43:59 UTC 2016

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 1:25 PM, Téletchéa Stéphane
<stephane.teletchea at univ-nantes.fr> wrote:
> Le 23/08/2016 à 13:42, Téletchéa Stéphane a écrit :
>>

>> Not sure if this is related, but I have been warned that pubmed will
>> change all of its
>> requests to https by the end of september:
>> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/news/06-10-2016-ncbi-https/
>

> By the way, this means biopython will need some update, some links are for
> documentation, but others are direct links ...

Thanks Stéphane,

We've done the API calls themselves already, which covers
a lot of those:

https://github.com/biopython/biopython/pull/860

The NCBI DTD files are special - the NCBI need to update them,
we just cache them.

The generic links seem to be fine - the NCBI is smoothly
redirecting to HTTPS - so I think we're OK here.