[Biopython] adding multiple models to one PDB

Hongbo Zhu 朱宏博 macrozhu at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 15:42:14 UTC 2015

Hi, Patrick,

if you just want to visualized the aligned structures, you can load them
one by one in PyMOL. Merging them as different models in one PDB is not
necessary. Perhaps it is even not optimal: you have to "split" the models
in PyMOL if you want to view them all.
You can open multiple PDB files in the same directory using PyMOL by typing:
pymol *.pdb

You can also align structures within PyMOL. Several methods are available:
http://www.pymolwiki.org/index.php/Align

cheers,
hongbo

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 11:45 PM, PC <patrick.cossins at inbox.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have the following PDB's
>
> A.pdb
> B.pdb
> C.pdb
> D.pdb
>
> I can align B, C , D with A but I want to write ALL four structures in one
> file to open in a views like pymol.
>
>         io = Bio.PDB.PDBIO()
>         io.set_structure(moving_structure)
>         io.save("moved.pdb")
>
> This has one file, on the second iteration I want to append to moved.pdb
> the other pdb's.
> How can I do that in biopython?
>
> Thank you,
> Patrick